An EthicsWeb website
This site is managed by:
Chris MacDonald ()
Ethics for Pharmacists
Code Could Be Right Prescription to Give Pharmacy More Credence, by John La Puma (Managed Care, 1998)
A Model Code of Ethics for Canadian Pharmacists (National Association of Pharmacy Regulatory Authorities)
"Pharmacoethics: Withholding prescribing data from a utilization committee," Seymour Katz & Robert DiGregorio
"Pharmacoethics: Unblinding a clinical trial for individual gain," by Seymour Katz, Robert V. DiGregorio, Amy Wong, Alicia Williams and Florence Singh
American Pharmaceutical Association's Code of Ethics
American Society of Health-System Pharmacists: Code of Ethics
"Patient Confidentiality and Pharmacy Practice," by Jack Justice
"Ethics in Clinical Pharmacology," by Giovanni Monte, Ph.D., Eubios Ethics Institute Newsletter 2 (1992).
- "Guidelines on the Ethics of Relationships Between Pharmacists and Pharmaceutical Manufacturers," Canadian Pharmacists Association
- "A Guide to Moral Decision Making," by Chris MacDonald (from Everyday Ethics, Canadian Nurses Association, 1998)
- "Creating a Code of Ethics for your Organization," by Chris MacDonald
- "Do Pharmacists Have The Right To Refuse To Dispense A Prescription Based On Personal Beliefs?" by Stephanie E. Harvey, Ei-Lun Lu, Oscar Rivas and Julie Rodgers
- "The changing face of pharmaceutical ethics," By Tony Gosgnach (a pro-life look at the controversy over dispensing abortifacients)
- "The Myth of Patient Confidentiality," by Robert Gellman, iMP Magazine, November 1999.
- Confidentiality of Patient Medical Records (American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, PDF document)
- "Pharmacy scandal alledged" (by Amy Green, Associated Press)
For ethics books, see...